Monday, July 20, 2009

My money pit

When Em was about 6 months old, Brian and I started to look at houses. We talked a lot and worked around and around on a lot of ideas. We talked about building, renivating and just buying. We looked at a lot of options and long story short we ended up renting a house that we bought. It belonged at the time to some old family friends and as much work as they had done, it still needed a bit more.
After looking and looking on line, we decided that the closet thing about our style of house was an American 4 square. Essentally, 4 rooms downstairs and 4 rooms upstairs. We have a full attic and a partially finished basement. I hate the house. Really hate it.
Now, think about your house. Think about the house that you grew up in. I mean, like my parent's house. Three bedrooms. How many windows are there? My parents, not including sky lights have 19 windows. That' including the attic and the old sun porch that has tons of windows. My house, including the basement and attic has 25 windows!!! and 4 doors. That doesn't leave a lot of wall space.
Well, it was right for the price. It needs a lot of work for it to be my dream, well not dream house, but better than it is now.
We have been working on the kitchen. Brian and I decided to get rid of the never used breakfast nook and a few other things. Yesterday we finally put the floor down. That was the last piece that needed to be done.
We also built a patio in the back yard and a few other things.

No comments: