Thursday, May 22, 2008

Acting Out

Emily has had a really bad week. She's been off her meds since last Wednesday. She's been acting out since then. She likes to bite. I have always been a firl believer that if you are bitten by a child, bite them back. Don't hold back either. Well she thinks it's a game. She continues to bite even after you bite her back.
The doctor put her on new meds, but if they don't start kicking in soon...
We are going camping for the weekend tomorrow. Mom and Dad are taking her with them and when I get done with work Brian and I are following. I was joking with my mother yesterday and was trying to get them to take Brian with them too, so I could drive down by myself and have a mini vacation before vacation, but that was quickly shot down.
So, we had taken Emily to the doctor yesterday. It's a little more than an hour north of us. The ride up wasn't great. But it was nothing compared to the ride home. The doctor was running an hour late, we are still so tired and Em has had enough of both the doctors and Albany at this point. So, she was none to happy to be at the doctor's office.
When we got in the car to go home she got upset about nothing. She basically yelled and screamed for over an hour. It was not plesant. She even started to throw things at the back of my head.
We had to stop before we went to dinner. My mother had gotten out of the car and I got in back seat with Em. I asked her where my pleasant friendly little girl went? I told her I didn't like this little girl that was in front of me, not being nice and yelling and telling us that she hated us. She told me that she left the nice child in heaven. I told her that she needed to come back. I said I love you but I'm not liking you right now.
Today hasn't been much better. I'm kinda glad that my parents are taking her with them tomorrow, and feel bad at the same time. It's going to be a long weekend.
I was reading my list of blogs that I read, mainly from my cousins. She came into my bed and started getting upset that her father was in the room. He didn't touch her, talk to her or even look at her. She just went off. I can't take much more of this. I'm going to need a straight jacket before too much longer.
The up side of last night , I won $20 by picking the correct American Idol. I know, I can see a few of you rolling your eyes. But, I have to tell you how my addiction started.
Have you ever watched the adution shows? They are hysterical. Fools getting up singing like cats in a garbage disposial and they get upset when they are told that they suck. But then you get stuck on a few of them and the next thing you know, you are rooting for them. No, I have never voted and I'm not going to waste my time. But it becomes fun to see if you are right as to who is going home each week.
Plus, I have the major hots for Chris Daughtrey. HMMMMM.
Okay... Back to earth. So, I pick David Cook. Cute, sings great and lets hope that he doesn't sell out and sing crappy POP music.
Don't get me wrong. I do like pop. 80's pop. When pop was real. Not this Britney crap. But good pop. Wham!, Echo and the Bunnymen, Blondie. Real music.
But right now, I am very stuck on a genre of music that has really gotten me through a lot. Grunge. Good grunge. Pearl Jam. REM Nirvana. Stuff from when I was in college, more than 15 years ago... Good God was that a long time ago. Maybe it's Guitar Hero 3. I can play Evenflow with the best of them.
But, I need to get to sleep so I can go to work and then....
Vacation!!! Yeah!!!!

No comments: