Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Babysitter Trials

Our babysitter quit on us. She decided, and I completely understand this, that Emily was just too sick for her to handle. It was too much with the number of little ones she had and the possiblity that Emily could get so sick in her care.
So, for a while Brian and I have rearranged our work schedules so that we have been home with her. But with summer school coming up and other things, we need to find a babysitter to take Emily before and after school.
But it's more of a process than I had ever thought it would be. I want someone who is caring, clean, fun for the kids, CHEAP, etc. All the things that you would want in a babysitter. Basically, Mary Poppins incarnite. But that not happening. The worst is finding someone who will take Emily with all her possible problems and issues.
So, I think I found some one. But the biggest problem is that she haas pets. So, what you say. But have you ever been around Emily and a dog? She HATES them. They look at her. They sniff her. It's worse than hell on earth. For her and those who have to listen to the screaming.
The up side is that she only needs to be there for an hour in the morning and about an hour in the afternoon. I'm not sure about how she is going be about the dogs and cats.
This is one of the reason's we don't have any pets, plus that fact that I'm not really an animal person. I'm kind of a stuffed animal person. The kind that are pink and fluffy.
So, tomorrow Brian and I are going to interview that woman who owns the care center. But I have to tell you that it's been hard to try and explain to Emily why she doesn't go to the last sitter's any more, with out telling her that she's the reason and give her a complex at 7.
This is when I wish I worked from home. But it's hard to give nursing care from my couch.
Anybody got a million dollars they want to give me?

1 comment:

K said...

Good luck with the new babysitter. That is emotional and stressful under the best conditions. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Kim