Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'm just so tired.

I got a call from the school today the Emily had another seizure. Back at christmas time when her seizure's started, the first time, her eyes rolled up into her head and were stuck up for half an hour at a time. Today she had her right eye roll up in her head and started yelling that she couldn't see. Then she began to seize. This is an esculation from the type of seizures that she has been having, a new one for her called a tonic-clonic seizure. She alternated between being very rigid and very loose. Then she started shaking very badly.
I got the call and began sobbing. I had to pull over on my way to the school and catch my breath.
I've talked to the doctor and we have an appointment for next week for a sleep deprived EEG. We can't get in any sooner. Then we have to see the doctor again on Friday and see what the EEG said and make a choice about the medications. If we need to increase it again or if we need to change it or add something else.
It was a scary day.
Then, when I called Brian's parents, just to let them know what was going on, I found out that it was not much better there.
Brian's father is not a well man. He's having some sort of parinoid delusions and the doctors haven't been able to figure out why. It's really bad and it gets worse at night. I don't know what to do. I'm torn between the things going on here with Emily, the things going on with George and then the other family things.

3 comments:

hangel said...

When it rains it pours, don't you think? Anything I can do to help? I know...not much from out here. Hugs to you!

Blade said...

You and your family are in my thoughts Jen. If there is ever anything I can do to help let me know.

Much <3

Jenae C. said...

How come it all happens to come at us at once? So much going on in the whole family right now....I am thinking about you and sweet Emily. Miss you!