Tuesday, April 8, 2008

my fingers hurt

Sorry I haven't been on in a while, but I've been busy.
I sit at my computer a good part of the day and the last thing I want to do when I get home is work at the key board. Besides, the fact my boss' wife is pregnant. I am working on a baby quilt for the baby. It's been a lot of fun work, but my fingers are a little bloody from all the needle sticks.
We took Emily up to the neurologist last week to see what was going on. He thinks that she wasn't getting enough of a dose of her medication. So he upped the medication. Now he wants us to take her back up to Albany Medical Center to have another EEG. A sleep depirved EEG.
Now, tell me. Who is the one who is really tired? The child or the parent who has to keep the kid up all night?
I got to go up to Cooperstown last week and see my uncle's mother who is sick. It's been a while since I've seen her and I was glad that I got the chance. I hope that all her family, and you know who you are, knows that I am keeping all of you in my heart and thoughts and that I'm only a phone call away if you need me.
Being a nurse and having my specialty as geriatrics, I deal with death often. I can be a great shoulder if you need me and I hope that you all know that.
So, I'm stuck at work again.... late. I knew that I was signing on for a lot when I took this job, but when Brian and Emily came by to today, it was the look in Em's eyes when I told her I'd be home in time for bed that killed me. She was upset that I wasn't going to be there for dinner and that she wasn't going to see me for long. So, an extra chapter in her book tonight and a little bit longer snuggle......
Brian on the other hand....
No, seriously, I just wish that I could be home. At least I get to sleep in in the morning as I don't get over time and I'll just come in late tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

flyingace said...

Sounds like the new job is a handful. I think that it is great that you got up to see Grandma. Hope you are all doing well, especially Emily with all that is going on with her.