Saturday, April 26, 2008

Vacation.... yeah right

It's been a long time since I've written. No, I haven't been on vacation. I've been working, sleeping, driving back and forth to Albany all for the doctor to tell me that Emily is getting worse. Well, DUH! Plus, my baby sitter quit on me last week.
Plus there is this whole thing with Brian's father and his delusions. Brian's sister called us last night to tell me that Brian needed to call his father. Even though we had talked to George earlier in the day, he was convinced that his son and oldest son in law were being held hostage by the mafia. It's getting to the point that we are waiting for him to just loose it all together.
I was on the phone a few days ago with my mother and I got the sad extended family news. My thoughts and prayers are with the Clist family and their various extenstions with the passing of Mary Clist.
I can remember back to the Christmas' before the Clist's moved to AZ. We had Christmas dinner at Chris and Mark's in Saugerties. I remember Grandma Clist and Grammy Pollard (sorry if I killed her last name) coming down from Cobleskill. They treated my sister and I as part of the family, like their own granddaughters. I only remember going up to the house in Cobleskill once.
Grandma Clist even had a soft spot in her big heart for Emily.
I will miss her too.

No comments: