Thursday, November 20, 2008

Fan

In the English language, the word fan is really short for fanatic. Now, there aren't alot of things that I am fanatic about, but there are a few. Once upon a time it was Anne Rice novels. I have read all of them. All but the sleeping beauty series. That was just a bit too intense for me.
A few people have turn me onto other series including the Sookie Stackhouse novels that the new HBO show True Blood is based on. Then there is Harry Potter.
Last summer I was out of work for 9 weeks while I healed from an ankle injury. While I was out I picked up a book at random in Barnes and Noble. It quickly turned into my favorite book of all time. I have read it nearly seven times through. It's the first in the series of four.
What book you ask?
Twilight.
Okay, before the moans and groans start, let me tell you about the book. It was written by a woman my age who lives in the Scottsdale, Mesa area of Arizona. A good Morman woman, she wrote this wonderful love story about a mortal girl and the vampire that she falls in love with. It's one of the cleanest novels I have ever read. I think in the four books there is a collective six Damns and that's it. No bad language. No smoking, drinking, pre marital sex.
Now, I started reading the romance novels when I was about 12. I've been exposed to novel relationships since then. But this is something else. This is the best love story I have ever read.
The movie opens at midnight. I'm not thrilled with the cast, but it's only because I've got other people pictured in my head. I'll have to reserve my judgement for after I've seen the movie.
I'm very excited to see the movie. Brian and I are going to see it tomorrow.
But watching the television coverage and surfing the web coverage of the premeire are textbook cases of fantatism. I need the sound track. I have to have the music.
The author did the coolest thing with her books. For all five and a half books that she has written, she has put had put on her website a soundtrack for each book. Basically, a song that goes along or sums up the feelings she had in her head and heart as she wrote or edited each chapter. It's great. She has fantasic taste in music.
Well, I'm going to read some more about the premiere. See you all in Forks!

1 comment:

flyingace said...

I've heard good things about the movie. Let me know how it is!