Thursday, November 6, 2008

What color?

Warning, this blog maybe gross and not for the easily sickened. You have been warned.

As a nurse I have seen things that could turn the normal person into a blubbering pile of vomit. Being that both my sister in laws and mother in law are nurses, we often talk about things around the table or while cooking that would turn even a cast iron stomach. It doesn't phase me. Most of the time, I don't even think about it.
Well, I have these four incision sights on my belly. There is to be some drainage. I would be worried if there wasn't. What has me the most concerned is the belly button. It's draining a lot. Well, after I got into the shower today and got dressed, we went out for a while. Where we went will be another blog. Every time I move, my stomach drains a bit. Well, by the time I felt it through my pants, I knew that something wasn't right. There was too much drainage. I looked at the spot, as it only has a steri strip on it. I am so allergic to tape that even band aids give me a rash.
So, I looked at my belly and the color of the drainage was different. Not the clear I have seen, not bloody or even a bit infectious. It's orange. I mean orange.
My pharmacist family will under stand this refference. The drainage was Pyridium orange.
I'm going to see the doctor in the morning to see what is going on.
But, on to other things. There is a consignment shop a few doors down from me. I have never been in there, as my size often makes it hard for me to shop at places like that. But since I have lost a bit of weight, it's better. Well, Friday night is my office's one year party. So, I was thinking about buying a suit to wear. But, I'm not sure that I am a suit person and I hate Macy's. I ended up finding two great buys. I got a great Ann Taylor dress and a fantastic brocade Nine West Duster all for less than $50!
Now, this is a cool thing. Recently, the Girl Scout Council here in Ulster County merged with all the counties in the Hudson Valley into a new council called Heart Of The Hudson. Well, they had signs remade and they were ready to be hung. So, the office called Em's girl scout leader who called us and asked if Emily would be a Brownie Rep for the new sign hanging today.
I was so honored.
There are some cool things about Emily and the Girl Scouts. But that's another Blog for another time.

1 comment:

Jenae C. said...

eeeeeeewwwww!!! orange puss coming out of your belly button!!!!! Thats about all I have to say!! I am glad you are feeling better....better enough to shop anyways!!