Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sleep!

My sleeping pattern has always been a little screwy. I'm at my best when I can get up around 11 am and go to bed around 3 am. But having a day job that's really hard. I could work evening shift, in theory, but I'd never see Brian or Em. So, it's either day shift or night shift. Well, ever since I was in the hospital and sleeping a lot to recover, my sleeping pattern is all messed up. Most days, I fall asleep on the couch after dinner.
Well, last night Brian and Emily let me sleep. I woke up somewhere around 9:30 and now I've been up since. That was 4 hours ago.
The only thing that is going to fix this is a couple of days of forcing myself to stay up until an appropriate bedtime say 8:00 and taking a few sleeping pills.
It kind of reminds me of when Em was a baby and went through that stage as all children do, the socialization of nights and days. Some people insist that babies are getting their nights and days confused, however, how can can you be confused when there is something you don't understand to begin with. Adults seem to think that babies insintivly know that days are awake time and nights aren't. Well, who determines that? Is it really daytime that is awake time? Why? There is still so much happening at night.
Maybe that's something that happens after working night shift. You realize that the world is still working. That life still goes on.
Well, needless to say, thank God we have really good tv. There are 800 channels to find something on.
Yeah History Channel!

1 comment:

flyingace said...

Food Network always has good stuff on late at night too! Oh, and Discover Health, although I am sure you are tired of all that stuff.