Monday, February 9, 2009

Birthday Parties and Colds

Last week I had a nasty head cold. It wasn't plesant, but almost expected in the winter. Now Brian and Emily have one. My house sounds like a TB ward.
My little girl turns 8 on Sunday. My mother convinced me that this year we need to have kids party in addition to the regular party that we always have. So, I decided that if we are indeed going to have a kid party we were going to do both parties in one weekend. What the hell was I thinking? It's planning two parties, trying to do the normal week stuff, work around two Valentine's Day parties and deal with the illness in the house. Plus we are having company on Saturday for the weekend.
When Em doesn't feel well, it's kinda expected that she whines and carrys on. She's little yet. Now her father, a grown man whines even louder. It's almost embarrasing. He moaned and groaned all day yesterday and is so whiny that asking him to help me pick up and clean the house is out of the question. I might as well ask him to reshingle the roof. I might get better results there.
Em is back on her Mary Poppins kick. Why can't I have the magic power to snap my fingers and clean the house like she does?

No comments: