Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nyquil for Mommy please!

Thursday night Emily came down with a low grade fever. She was miserable, and was in bed within a few minutes of when we got home from Brownies. She crawled into bed with me sometime during the night and when I kissed her forehead in the morning to say goodbye, I noticed she was buring up. Her fever was 103.4 I got my mother to watch her while I went to work for a while. I got her to the doctor, as I am always afraid with high fevers that she will seize. She has some sort of lung infection along with a head cold. Okay, so Tylenol and antibiotics. But since she's allergic to Motrin, it makes it hard to keep her high fevers down.
I gave her Tylenol and we were resting in my bed. She suddenly had to vomit because of the coughing and I was tucking her back in when I noticed she was really, really hot. I took her temp again. 104.5. Great. I called the doctor and well, needless to say, after a really really long night, she doing much better. Okay, so it's been two nights. But it feels like it hasn't stopped.
Now, Brian has it. What a baby! He doesn't do well when he is sick.
I went out today to do some shopping for Em's parties and the phone kept ringing. "Where are you? When are you coming home?" I was trying to stay out as long as I could. I needed the break. Then I get home and find out that Brian is being obbsessive about his temp. 103! I need to call the doctor. I need to go to hospital.
No, take a cool shower, take off the fifteen layers of sweats and get into bed. And STAY THERE!!!!
I need to move out until they are all better. It really is like having two kids.

No comments: