Sunday, March 30, 2008

What would it have registered on the Richter Scale?

I got a phone call from school on Wednesday this past week. Emily had cut her finger and was asking the teacher for a Band Aid when the teacher noticed that she had a bad hand tremor. It was so concerning that she called me. Well, after I put a call into the doctor and was trying to rack my brain as to what was wrong, I got a call from the school nurse. Emily had a siezure. We have been dealing with for a while now and for her to have a shaking seizure is a big deal. So, I am dialing my cell phone with one hand to call Brian, packing up my work bag with the other all while yelling over the walls to my boss that I was leaving and didn't know when I would be back.
Em is a very enthusiastic child. She usually is over excited to see me. But when I got to school she was spacy. I took her home and we sat on the couch watching Enchanted over and over again. It took a whole two days for her to get back to normal. NOw she is so over stimulated and over tired from Wednesday, she's majorly grumpy.
But I have to wonder what the shaking would have been like on the Richter Scale.

1 comment:

hangel said...

I am sorry to hear Emily had another seizure...what do the doctors say now? Watch and wait? (Hugs!)