Thursday, July 17, 2008

Glad it's finally over with.

There is an old saying. The squeeky wheel gets the grease. Well, that couldn't be more true. If you read my previous blog, you've seen my struggles with the bus company. Well, I finally got it all resolved. They conceded that they made the mistake in not alerting me before school started. So, for the summer, they had to get special permission from the state to hire another bus company for the summer to drive Emily in a mini van to and from school. This has been great. But I have to find a new sitter for the fall.
So, I went onto Craig's List and posted the need for a sitter. I got an email from a young woman and we e mail a bit and talk on the phone. She has a sone who is year younger then Emily and I have this feeling that the kids might know each other. She was telling me bits and pieces of her life and it sounds like the two of us have been through the same kind of experinces! I might have found a kindred mom in all of this! Plus the sitter we are using now, learned that when she advertises for school age children, they will not be picked up at her house. Live and learn!
But, Emily keeps growing up before my very eyes. Last night I was on the phone with my father and Emily wanted to talk to EPa. So, I gave her the phone, she talked then, very grown up and seriously said, "Please hold on a minute, Epa" and put the phone down. She got involved with some toy and ignored Epa. I asked her if she was going to talk again and she told me that she was busy and said "I asked him to hold on a minute!" I couldn't help but laugh.
And for her newest trick (Insert Drum Roll) she can open a soda can! She figured out if she goes into the silverware drawer, takes out a fork, puts the tines under the pop top she can pry it open! So, now insteadof asking for a drink, she goes into the kitchen, you hear the fridge open and close and a soda can open. Very sneaky!
That's her other new thing. Being sneaky. She loves to hide things that she knows she's not supposed to be doing. Like having the fifth cookie. Or the ice cream bar before dinner. Things like that. But for all this child eats, she's still about the size and shape of a tooth pick. Well, she is kinda tall, so maybe a bamboo skewer! My little monkey butt isn't so little any more!

1 comment:

hangel said...

That is great that you got the school bus situation all straightened out. What a pain! And finding a new sitter? Not fun...again! But, if you found another mother who can be understanding and sympathetic then you have found GOLD!