Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Getting too big

Yesterday was my father's birthday. Even though he had a meeting in the evening, and we weren't going to get together to see him, I had Emily call him and leave a voice mail for him, wishing him a happy birthday. So, I dialed his cell number and handed EMily the phone. She starts singing right away, finishes and hands me back the phone. It was still ringing! She didn't wait for it to pick up! So, I hand her the phone after the voice mail picks up and she sings again. We hang up and go to make dinner. Dad calls back to let us know he got the message. He was thrilled to hear his little one singing Happy Birthday to him.
Emily sings all the time. Hannah Montana, Jonas Brothers, Queen, the Beatles, Princess Songs, etc. Her favorite, though is Stone Soup. At the end of the regular school year her class put on a preformance of Stone Soup. I, unfortunatly didn't get to go. But she sings the songs, alot. I have no idea what they are, or what they are about, but there is this one line she sings over and over again, until it gets stuck in your head. "Stirring, Cooking, Stirring Cooking..." on and on and on again. It's really annoying.
Could be worse... Brian and i have both found ourselves driving along, childless singing along to Hannah Montana or Jonas Brothers.....
At least we've moved on from the Wiggles.

2 comments:

hangel said...

You mean there is a future after the Wiggles????

Jenae C. said...

I like Hannah Montana!!!