Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cyber hugs and kisses

I know the tone of my last blog was bad. I'm sorry for that. I was feeling really sorry for myself and was having abad couple of days. But I'm slightly better now. Thanks for all the support.
The 4th of July is looming only days away and we are going camping for lack of anything better to do. When we had gone on vacation, we had bought tons of fireworks. Pennsylvania is one of those states you can buy fireworks in. So we did. Now we aren't going to get to set them off. Oh, well.
Emily starts school again on Monday. There is a part of me that can't wait. We want to get her back into a good routine again. Time on her hands is not good for the princess.
But today had me laughing as I was trying to assess the damage.
Emily LOVES to swing. I mean she is content to swing on her swing for hours and hours. I am not kidding about this. Hours and hours. Today, she was on her swing and I was in the house reading. I had just checked on her and sat back down on the couch. Then I thought I heard her say something. I figured if it was really bad she would have screamed. Then I heard her come up onto the back porch. I looked up to the door window and she was crying. So, I ran to the door and she was sobbing. She had fallen. I looked out into the back yard and noticed her favorite swing was on the ground. She was okay and I was a little worried about what happened. She told me her swing broke. When Brian came home he looked at the swing set and came in to show me that the princess had swung on her swing enough to wear out the metal hook that held it up to the swing set. Brian was able to replace it and she was good to go again. It cracked me up however.
No bumps, no bruses. She's fine.
The swing set it ready. For now......

No comments: