Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cranky

I've been cranky the last few days. I've taken on a lot around the house, considering Brian can't pitch in and help out right now. My birthday really sucked. I got a total of four presents. My grandfather, two of my aunt and my mother in law. Not even a card from my husband. My daughter never even told me happy birthday. And trust me she knew. I had to work, the evening shift. I've been so busy at work, all I want to do is come home and sleep. But no, I have to make dinner, work on homework and do things around the house.
I was hoping that there was going to be something. My mother made me a birthday cake and brought it over to the house the night before. Brian kinds knew that he was going to be recovering around my birthday. But did he do anything about it? NO.
When I buy presents, I try to spend time finding things that the giftee would apperciate. Christmas is a challange. Sure, Brian gets the traditional under ware, socks, toothbrush and stuff, but I try to find things that I know he would love. Hell, for his brithday this year, I bought him a Nintendo DS so he would have something to keep him occupied during his recovery. I bought myself a new MP3 player a while back, but still, when it comes to his birthday I'll find something.
I know people say it's the thought that counts, but they aren't the ones who are getting dollar store junk from their husbands for their birthday's and christmas. It really sucks.
I've been trying hard to take care of Brian. And oh, by the way, George, my father in law is sick again. I need to go out, but where and with whom? I have no friends. My mother is busy with her friends and sewing. My machine is broken. I have no money. I need a vacation.
But we can't even go camping. The camper is broken. And it's not going to be fixed anytime soon. So, we can't go a way anytime soon.
I just want some time to relax. No cell phone rining. No worrying about Brian or George or the next straw that is going to fall on my back. I've had enough. Really I have. I need some time off. But I have no where to go. Or money to get there.
Plus, this year is our tenth anniversery. Guess what I won't be getting.
Sorry to vent but I get this way every single year around my birthday. I have been known to throw parties for Brian's birthdays. I have been invited to parties for my inlaws inlaws birthdays. I threw a party so that everyone could see Brian before his surgery. And there is going to be a party when Brian is all healed and ready to go. But NO ONE throws a party for me. It so sucks.......

No comments: