Monday, January 26, 2009

Squeaky Wheels

Last Tuesday Brian and I headed into NYC to have some scans done and see the doctor. Well, we get all the way down there, have lunch and get ready to get scanned. We find out that they changed the appointments and never told us. They rescheduled them for tomorrow. I can't get out of work. Brian has a hard time as well. I called the doctor's office and yelled. They denied the appointment change, but I have written proof of the changes.
So, today they call to confirm the appointments. His scan was supposed to be at 3 and doctor's appointment at 4:30. So, reality states, scan at 4:30 and appointment near six. We were ready for this. But after talking to both Brian and I today and listening to me bitch about the fact that they didn't call me back for a week and continue to deny that they changed the appointments, they call Brian back and tell him that they can get him a scan at 10:30 and an appoitment with the doctor at noon. That's so much better.
Brian doesn't want to go by himself. I can't get out of work. So, his sister, Chris thought she might be able to go. But she's on jury duty tomorrow. Then there was his mother, but she's gone back to work and is working tomorrow. She can't get off. My father can't go. My mother can't. So, his brother in law is going.
I love Brian, but I'm a bit concerned about him going to the right places at the right times and with his French Canadian brother in law who is wonderful but basically useless in NYC... well, it's out of my hands. All I can do is keep my phone on at work and wait for the phone calls.
But after talking to Brian about the change in appointments, I said to him... you were mad at me about raising hell for the appointment change, but the squeky wheel gets the grease. It's worth complaining especially when they are at fault.
Let's just hope this is the start of a better year for this household.

No comments: