Wednesday, February 6, 2008

What was that saying about death and taxes?

I hate this time of year. It's not just the beginning of a new year, or that Emily is about to turn a year older. It's not the post holiday let down. It's the fact that I have to spend about an hour at some point cursing at the government and figuring out where all my money goes from my paycheck.
TAXTIME!!!!
I truly hate it. It's something I hate to do. I hate looking at the forms, jumping through the hoops the government set up, just so I can get a small amount of the money I worked so hard to earn, back again.
I worked for it. It's mine.
Yesterday was Super Tuesday. While at work in the last three days, we got a phone call on each phone line to remind us to vote. It was Hilary!
So, I got to thinking about my tax dollars, and the election.
Hilary is a Congresswoman from NYS. So, let's see. I am paying NYS taxes and Federal taxes. I have to admit I didn't vote for her. But here I am, paying her a salary, through my taxes, to help run the country, as a represenative from my state.
But is she working?
Nope, she out there glad handing and reminding me to vote.
So, am I paying her to run for office?
I don't want to pay her to run for office.
GET BACK TO WORK, HILARY!!!!
Think about this,
if roughly 50% of the congress is currently running for office, that leaves 50% of the congress really running the country. And within that 50% running the congress, how many are out sick, building homes in New Orleans, having cocktail parties, hob nobbing with celebrities, traveling to Paris to investigate the current working trends of the French fashion industry ( could go on and on.)
But what does that really say? We are being governed by a Texan with more money than God and a vested interest in the oil crisis and a handful of people who have no friends or life to leave Washington? We are being governed by an old man who really doesn't know what it means to be working class and some charismatic dungeon masters?
Communism is sounding better and better every day.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism

No comments: