Saturday, August 2, 2008

7 interesting things about me?

My cousin Court tagged me to list seven interesting things about myself. Wow, only seven? Only kidding.
1) I am a nurse. I failed math and most sciences in high school. I went college and wanted to teach 20 century european history with a concentration on the Bolshivek revolution in 1917 Russia. I have this thing about the Romanovs.
2) I love things vampire related. I love to read books about Vampires. I have read ALL of the Anne Rice novels. I have read the entire Twilight series. Sookie Stackhouse. Blood Ties. All the big vampire books.
3) For a while I was in a Wiccan coven. It was cool. The worship of nature. I can read Tarot cards.
4) I have been tattooed six times and have five tattoos. But being a professional they are all in places that I can show like a piece of jewlery.
5) I would love to live in England. Never been there but I have been an Anglofile forever.
6) I thought at one time I wanted to be an archeologist. I have a distant cousin who teaches Eygptology. But after one class in Biblical archeology I was bored to tears.
7) I play the piano. Not well. I had taken lessons from the age of 4 until I was in my 20's. Right now I'm teaching myself Clocks by Coldplay. I love music. Some of my favorite bands as as follows: Queen, the Beatles, The Who, Travis, Blue October, Muse, Linkin Park, Coldplay, Steely Dan, Pink Floyd, John Mellencamp, Heart, Daughtry, Fall Out Boy.

Last night, there was a new book released with almost as much hype as Harry Potter. It's by a woman named Stephenie Meyers. She's from Mesa, Az and wrote the Twilight series. She did a webcast with the lead singer of Blue October, Justin Furstenfield. It was great. I hadn't listened to Blue October in a while and I forgot how wonderful they are. I added a video bar. Hit the one on the top and let me know if you just love the song as much as I do.

No comments: