Friday, December 12, 2008

Anyone got some gopher wood?

I hate the rain. There is nothing anyone can say about it that is good. I'm short so a lot of my pants hang on the ground and get wet. My shoes were soaked today. I can handle the cold. I don't mind the snow, but I hate the rain. I'm night blind too. The minute the road gets really wet and dark, I can't see where the hell I am driving. I've found a few tricks over the years, watching the white lines on the roads, trying not to drive... but more often than not I need to drive at night in the rain.
And the crap that is coming down is mixed with little stinging ice pellets. Not at all fun. It hurts and just makes everything more miserable.
I never get to carry an unbrella. In my opinion, they are more trouble then they are worth. Plus as a mom, I'm usually carrying my purse, at least one other thing and Em has this thing about someone holding her hand almost all the time or me steering her in the right direction to get in out of the rain.
My street floods, really really bad at times. Tonight, being our busy night in the house, was take out night. I thought I'd just walk to the chicken place half a block down and be right back. But every shit head out on the road splashed me. I was drenched when I got home. Luckly, scrubs are designed to dry quick.
No one had the common courtesy to move over a bit when they saw someone walking down the road.
Hey Josh, can you graft me a piece of your Yule Log? Besides the drivers, I'm doing a marathon Christmas shop on Saturday night... Might need it in the mall
Brian's father is stable. Can't really say he's better at this point. He had surgery Sunday night to fix his AAA, but it's still leaking and they are Dializing him daily cause the amount of fluid built up. He's off the vent, but still in ICU at Albany Med. We are at this point hoping he'll be out of the Icu for Christmas. We don't want to get our hopes up about him being home. But, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: