Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm not Ready Yet

If Brian and Emily had their way, the tree and the rest of the Christmas decorations would be up before the turkey was off the table. I don't want to do it until this weekend. It's not that I don't love Christmas. I love my decorations. It's fun to gaze at them and tell Emily the stories or memories attached to some of them. I'm always on the look out for something new and love to sew or craft something.
But... and you knew it was coming... I can't stand the disruption in the house. I have to put away and find a place for each of my different regular decorations. My picture frames, vases, bowls... etc. Plus always trying to improve and find room for the new things can be challanging. Plus, not only do I decorate my house, but I help mom do hers and then there is a very large building I work in. By the end, I'm sick of misletoe and stuff.
Brian and I got married on New Year's Eve, which every who reads this blog I assume knows. So, knowing that we were getting married 10 years ago, right after Christmas, I insisted that we take the tree down before our wedding. I had enough other stuff to do with the wedding and the last thing I wanted to do was face the tree after the wedding or when we came back from our ten day honeymoon. So, I've tried to keep this alive. I want the tree down by New Years. I've had it by then and am ready to get back to normal.
Besides, it's a little easier to get Em back into the routine of school when the tree is gone.
But, I'm not really ready to get the tree up this year. I'm not in the mood to get things going. I'm not in the mood for the hard work that it takes to set everything up. Moving boxes, trying to keep Em from the breakables until I get them up and away from the majority of the reach, arguing with Brian as we try and hang the lights outside.
I just want to all decorate it's self.
Where is that mind telepathy kit when I need it?

No comments: