Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Home

We came home last night. It's strange to sleep in the same bed again. I needed to take today off from work to get a few things done, but so far, all I have done is taken Emily to day care and cleared the Tivo.
Brian is doing okay, sleeping a lot. I didn't sleep well last night and I have been trying to rest. I slept wrong and my neck hurts... again. That's where all my stress has been going.
We had my mother not tell Em that we were coming home last night. We met up for dinner and she was wary at first. We showed her Daddy's incision. She knows that it's sore and not to touch Daddy's belly.
We had wanted Brian to sleep in Em's room for the first couple of days. Her bed is higher and has a lot of places to prop up pillows. But, Em had a fit. It was her room. Boys would comtaninate the Princess things and it was her beautiful room. This all from a child who never wants to be in her own room.
So... here are some things I wanted to blog about my experince in NYC.

Miracle House:
I needed a place to stay, so I found this organization that rented bedrooms in a high rise apartment building on the West side. Hell's Kitchen. It was great. The apartment was huge, three bedrooms. It was $50 a night. They offered breakfast every morning and dinner three nights a week. They did the sheets and towels and a deep cleaning weekly. You had to buy your own perishibles. There was a gym in the building and a 24 hour door man. I felt really safe. And the view was to die for. All in all it was a great experince.

Sloan Kettering:
I have nothing but wonderful things to talk about Sloan. The nurses were fantastic, however, the patient... :). I've never seen anything like this place. BUt they did great for us.

First Ave:
My mother in law and I were crossing First Ave the other day. The UN is at the south end of First Ave. Suddenly, as we are about to cross, up comes 2 NYPD cars, lights and sirens, a big black limo, a black SUV with secret service hanging and I mean hanging out the windows, a second black suv with guys all in black flack jackets, helmets and semi automatic rifiles out the windows. My mother in law and I looked at each other and realized we had just seen George W. drive by!

Other Celebs:
I was standing out in front of the hospital the other day and saw Paulie from the Sopranos. Also one of the families staying in the apartment, the son is the sound guy from Edgar Winters'.

All in all it was kinda cool being in NY for a week, under the circumstances and all, but I am so glad to be home.

3 comments:

flyingace said...

Glad you guys are home. I am sure Brian is thankful to be in his own bed. Thinking of you guys all the time.

hangel said...

Glad things have gone so well so far. Enjoy being back in your home. Hugs!

Jenae C. said...

I am so happy that you are back home, give Brian hugs from us! We love you!