Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Our Cottage

Long story short, we have come into the possesion of a camper. Well, it should be in my drive way by bed time tomorrow. It sleeps three, has a kitchenish thing and a bathroom type cubby. But I can't wait to get to use it! We got it from one of my Jersey cousins and they are NASCAR fans (for those of you who don't know, NASCAR stands for Non Athletic Sport For Caucasian American Rednecks.) We have inherited all kinds of NASCAR things to go with it. Yeah! My favorite sport! Watching cars go round and round. It's call traffic. Why would I want to watch it? And isn't it a pre requset that if you watch Nascar you must eat beef jerky, drink Busch and listen to country music?
We eat pizza, drink local brewed beer or Sam and listen to Alternarock or Metal.
We went to my sister in laws a week ago to hang out. We, Brian, his two sisters, their husbands and the odd brother in law were all sitting on the patio, drinking, and listening to music. You have to hear the choices:
Little Sis's Ipod:
Madonna, Black Eyed Peas, Hootie and the BlowFish, and other assorted crap.
Odd Brother in Law's Ipod:
R&B, Hip Hop, Easy Listening
Finally after about three hours of crap we pulled out the oldest brother in law's Ipod:
Metallica, Ozzy, Sabbath, and some other interesting stuff that his teenage students gave him. It was like heavan to my ears. But, I couldn't wait to get home and listen to my own stuff.
I bought a new MP3 player over the weekend, 4gb and loaded it with about 1/2 of my music... 434 songs.... only 1/2 of what I have. But, now I can listen to :
Blue October, Muse, Fall Out BOy, Queen, etc...
No, Hannah Monatana on my player.... Em's little pink one on the other hand...

No comments: