Saturday, August 2, 2008

Seven more things...

Well, I come to find out, after reading some more blogs, I was tagged by my cousin Jeremy to post seven interesting things about myself, and you know what, I think I could do it again. Let's see what happens.
1) I have been to 45/50 US States. I missed Washington, Mississippi, Lousiana, Haiiwi and Alsaka. My parents have dragged me, kicking and screaming at times, to most of the other 45. But in all the beauty I have seen, all the places I have been, my heart belongs to the Northeast. New England. I love it. So close to NYC, Boston... nothing like it in the world.
2) On my mother's side on the family I am the oldest and on my father's I am dead center in the middle. I have a total of one sister ( to whom I do not speak) and 12 first cousins, not including spouses or their children. And let's not even get into the fact Brian has two sisters and 13 cousins who all are either married or have children. It's a BIG family when I really look at it.
3) I read. A lot. I can put away a typical novel in about 48 hours, averaging in work and family time. I was once clocked at 650 words per minute with 99% comprehension. I almost always have a book in my hand or purse.
4) I love to write. I don't know that I'm very good, but I have finished about 1/2 a dozen novellas. About 75-100 pages on word. But there is a white whale out there for me. A basic premise of a story that I have been working on and off since I was about 14 years old. I can't get it to work just right. Then I get happy with the delete button.....
5) The only two guys I had dated in junior high / high school are now both gay and married to men. Kill my ego!
6) I am allergic to metal. Unless it's silver, gold or titanium, I break out from it. No cheap earring for me.
7) I hate animals. I really just don't like them. I can't see the point of a pet. What kind of contribution do they make to the household other than sucking away money. Food, vet, toys.... at least a child can do chores. But there is no point in a fish. Granted, I understand the idea that some animals can and do have medical benifits, such as petting a dog for lower blood pressure. And I do not lump serivce animals into this catagory. Seeing eye dogs, horses or cows on a farm are something different. But honestly, what is the point of a cat? Messy, smelly and pains in the ass.

2 comments:

hangel said...

Thanks for doing this! You are an amazing person--and this just pointed it out more! Miss you!

flyingace said...

How could you hate pets? Everyone needs a dog!