Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Music

I've been stuck on this music kick. I rediscovered a bunch of bands that I had forgotten about. So, instead of watching my boat load of Tivo that I need to catch up, Ive been listening to my computer and the music I have downloaded and just had laying around.

Well, I don't have XM or other fancy radios. I was listening to AOL music the other night and I realized that they play like the same 50 songs over and over again. It's been cool because I founf some catchy things and a few that I don't ever want to hear again. But I was working on updating my mp3 player and no, I do not own an Ipod or will I ever by one. As much as I would love to have an Apple, I hate being locked into using Itunes. I have tried it and I'm just too confused. WMP all the way.

But this is the story I need to share. A while back my father had bought himself his first digital music player. Nothing too exciting. Now, my father is the one I had always gone to for tech advice in the past, but he called me that he was having problems syncing up to his player. I went through the basics over the phone and he was still having problems. I went to the house the next day and within about five minutes I had the whole thing fixed. He had forgotten a few things, like formatting the hard drive on the player first. Oh, well.

It's just really weird to be at the point where I understand the majority of technology better than my father. Setting up a Bluetooth? Beyond him. Now at work I am the one that the majority of the staff comes to for tech advice. They bring me cell phones, computers, mp3s the works. They don't go to the owner who's fiancee has a masters in computer programing and works for BLue Sky ( Fox's animation studio that just made Horton Hears a Who and Simpsons). They come to me. Sometimes, it's easy to figure out what the issue is. Sometimes it's more. Beyond me. My bluetooth broke and I've been having issues trying to figure it out. I asked my boss, the one with the bluetooth and the fiancee, but he told me that he had no idea and that he didn't even know how to do much more than turn it on and off. He had to have the fiancee sync his up. That was amazing to me. I can do that. But... then again, I have cousins who can help me with the web stuff that I can't understand.

No comments: