Saturday, January 5, 2008

Six and 3/4 going on sixteen

Emily lives in her own little world, loving the idea of being a princess. For Christmas she had her heart set on this $90 dress from American Girl. But no one in the family, neither myself, Nana or Grandma was willing spend this kind of money on a dress that she was going to wear twice.
My mother, being very handy with a needle and thread offered to make it for her and... well, after a bit of convincing, it was a great hit. Em loved it.
Thursday night she came home from school and the sitters and said to me that she needed to wear her ball gown to school the next day. I explained that she had gym the next day and there for needed to wear pants. Besides the fact that it has been in the single digits here in NY and Ball gowns just aren't practical in NY in the winter. Emily insited that she promised her friends she would wear her ball gown to school and that she could wear her pants under it. Mommy won.
The next day, I was checking my email at work, and there was one from her teacher. Mrs. F. told me that Em was having a bad morning, lots of tears and that Em was blaming me for it. She told her teacher that I wouldn't let her wear her ball gown and that "Mommy just doesn't understand me"!
If that's the case now.... anyone want to take her for her teenage years?

1 comment:

hangel said...

Welcome to the blog world, Jenn! I will really enjoy keeping up with you and your family by reading this blog!

Poor Emily...misunderstood already--and not even 7 years old! My prayers will be with you in the teenage years!! :-)