Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This is one of those rare times I could use a 2nd Child

We only have one child. The Princess. It's not medically possible to have a second child. Plus we are content.
Brian's father has never been a well man and he's been getting worse and worse. Emily has a few girlfriends, whos Grandmother is a good friend of my mothers.
Last weekend, Em was sick, with the flu. (FUN FUN) We were supposed to go to Brian's parents, so Brian could do a few things around the house for his mother and so that they could see their granddaughter (I don't count for too much). But Em was sick, so we cancelled.
We are planning on going out this weekend.
My mom calls me yesterday to tell me that Em has been invited to one of her little girl friends birthday parties, a bit of a ways away on Sunday.
Brian's father was back in the ER this morning ( he's fine.... long story). So, now Brian and I feel that it's more important that we get Emily out to see her Pop-pops this weekend.
But we still have this birthday party.....
By, the way, did I mention that this little girl has never invited us to a birthday party before and she always comes up for Emily's parties?
If I had two children, we could split the load. One with Dad to Pop-pops and one with Mom to the birthday party.
I wonder how much my in-laws would enjoy spending time with the American Girl daughter Molly?

1 comment:

hangel said...

I could send Caden! I wouldn't mind sharing! He loves cake! And grandparents! Hope all is well with you! Miss you!