Saturday, January 12, 2008

Somedays it goes too fast, others....well you know

Emily is in first grade. I can't believe it. The school and the photo lab lost our school pictures. Well, I finally got them this week.
When Brian and I got married, a good friend of ours Aaron gave us a beautiful glass picture frame, one you might find at Macy's with a picture of a bride in it.
I have been using the frame for seven years for the 8x10 picture I get with most of the formal packages of pictures of Em. It's great.
When, when I got the pictures the other night, I updated the frame with the school picture for this 2007-2008 year.
I had left a few years of pictures in the frame, one behind the other. I laid the three pictures, side by side on the coffee table. 2007-2008, 2006-2007, & 2005-2006. I can't believe how much she has changed.
You see the difference in the baby pictures, but even in a year, you see the difference.
She looks more like a big girl all the time.
I can't believe how fast the time is going.
I remember when I was younger people would tell me that time would go faster as I got older and I would dismiss it. But I see it every day now.
I can't believe my baby will be seven next month.
But, there are the days...
Those days that it can't be bed time fast enough.
You know those days.

No comments: