Thursday, January 24, 2008

When it rains.... can I borrow your umbrella?

The adage is true. When it rains it pours. At least in this house.
I came home from work early Tuesday sick. Rarely do I do something like that. Usually when I leave work it's beacuse someone else is sick. But I went home with a lovely stomach thing and fever. Yeah me.
I got up the next morning, feeling... well... death would have been an improvement. I decided not to go to work.... again something I only do when someone else is sick. I got Em ready for school and she and Brian left me to my misery and my bed.
I think I heard the phone ring. I was asleep. But my cell phone that was next to my head woke me up. (Brian has to patch the hole in the ceiling now.) It was the school. Emily was acting weird. Long story short, I had to get my sick butt out of bed, go and get her from school and bring her home.
She had another seizure.
I had to call the sitter, the doctor, work, the pharmacy, argue with the insurance company about paying for her medication, Brian. All this while trying not to throw up or well just be sick in general.
Then tonight, when I think it's all good. She's asleep. Brian is out at his friend's playing video games or at the strip club or something. It's just quiet Mommy time. Yeah right.
I'm on the phone with my sister in law, just catching up, shooting the breeze when I heard the cough. No, more of a bark.
Just what I needed. Emily to come down with something else.
My shoulders are starting to hurt from all this weight. My umbrella is starting to leak.
Anyone got a Valium salt lick for Mommy?

1 comment:

hangel said...

Oh Jenn...sorry for all that is going on. Anything I can do to help? I know...not much from here. I just hope you start to feel better soon--so that you can take care of everyone else again! :-)